Muscle pain? can’t sleep? always tired? The traditional medical model takes this approach:
1. first rule out “treatable conditions” that have similar symptoms: Rheumatoid arthritis? Osteoarthritis? Lupus? Hypothyroidism? 2. choose a medication based on the above. If not the above, try medicines that have limited, if any, effectiveness (opiates, antidepressants, antiepileptics) not to mention a long list of side effects including addiction.
The fact is, chronic pain is REAL—and there is a lot to be said for pain relief—but the temporary relief offered by medications may make persistent symptoms worse because medications are toxic substances that cause additional imbalances.
Chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia syndrome, and multiple chemical sensitivities, are a cluster of symptoms now thought to be linked with environmental exposures.
Rheumatoid arthritis is thought to be an auto-immune disease, the body attacking itself. Osteoarthritis is also known as degenerative joint disease and is usually specific to a single region that may have been injured.
All of these names are pain and inflammation gone wrong—very painfully wrong.
And while they are not the same, getting to their cause and removing that stress from the body (rather than adding more stress = drugs) is the workable solution in each case. Here’s what we know works:
- food sensitivities should be found and corrected to help reduce inflammation;
- eliminate sugar, especially fructose which is half of the table sugar or cane sugar molecule; sugar results in increased stress and inflammation;
- detoxify the body and support the body’s liver, kidneys, and other elimination organs;
- ensure adequate fats and vitamin D and monitor their levels.
The more closely you follow a natural treatment plan, and you must give it enough time, the more likely your improvement. We can help.